Thursday, November 13, 2008

HOPE

My latest project has been "altered letters." (I only know they're called that because I looked them up on-line to see how to do them the other night.) They were fun but they did take a bit of time because of all the steps involved. The letters are about 6" tall and they were just simple wooden block letters that I found at Wal-Mart. The P doesn't stand by itself, which is why it's being so friendly with the E. I didn't think to check that when I bought them. They're supposed to be hung on the wall though, so it shouldn't really matter. I think when our house is finished I'll make more to match my living room and maybe do each of the kids names for their rooms.





Speaking of our house...... My cousin Christine brought up a book of houseplans that she had (thank you Chris!) and we found two that we really like. The land my dad is giving us is on a bit of a hill and we're hoping to do a walk-out basement. I'll try to scan the pictures in and post them later.

I did finish a couple more pages for my scrapbook. I printed them all out to take to the talent show last Saturday, but then we were all still feeling a little sick and decided we shouldn't go.

This is the title page:

I"m off to make pumkin cheesecake to take to Enrichment tonight. YUMMY! :)

6 comments:

  1. Cuteness! and Yum! I hope you all are feeling better. Are those letters decopaged? They turned out really cute. You are so creative. I am in the process of repainting the hall bathroom, tan and red. I am liking it. I can't wait until it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed some hope today because it has been SO bad.

    I love your pages. Those letters are so pretty. Isn't it great that there is always HOPE despite the twists and turns that come into our lives.

    You are always a blessing! Hope your weekend is filled with wonderfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am still working on the bathroom, but will post pictures when I am finished. Another question about the letters, are they painted on the backs and sides or what? I wish I could do one with you. They are really cool. Did you have instructions, or did you make this up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your HOPE turned out so good. Good luck with house plans : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos, blog designs and I really wish I could put together scrapbooking sheets like yours. All of your work is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!