Need a great dessert to take to a Christmas party this year? I made Cream Puffs today for our Ward Christmas Party tonight and thought I should share the recipe. I even took a picture to tempt you more ;) Everybody LOVES these! They're fairly easy and inexpensive too.

CREAM PUFFS
2 small packages pudding mix (I prefer French Vanilla and Devil's Food)
2 C heavy whipping cream
1 C milk
1/2 C butter
1 C water
1/4 t salt
1 C flour
4 eggs
Chocolate frosting
Divide heavy whipping cream and milk between two bowls, mix a package of pudding into each and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 425°. In large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling butter. Stir in flour and salt until mixture forms a ball (it doesn't really form a ball, it just kind of clumps together). Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time mixing well after each one. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet (my air bake pan works best for me). Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and centers are dry (if you don't cook them long enough, they'll collapse). When cool, use a pastry bag to pipe pudding into shells. Drizzle with chocolate frosting.
Make sure to eat a couple before you take them to wherever you are going, because you won't be bringing any home! Although, I actually prefer them after they've sat in the fridge overnight and the flavors have mixed. So maybe you should make them the day before. ;)

I love these! Thanks for reminding of them!! I'll have to make them for something!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThose Look
ReplyDeleteD E L I C I O U S !
M m m m m m m m m m m . . .
Thank you for sharing! I will be trying these!!! :)
ReplyDeleteoooh yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteThe puffs would never make it out of my house...only into my tummy.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! How divine! Is it too late to go to the grocery store tonight? Yes, 10:00 is too late, but you can be sure I will be picking up the ingredients tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me hungry! Can I come over and eat some!?!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to make these. How did you make it snow all over the blog? It is really cool! The family pictures look great! We just did some at Walmart. I do think they are better than I thought they would be. Maybe next time I will have my neice do them. She is very good. See Chauntelle Graf from my blog.
ReplyDelete