Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Rest is Over!

When we were in Vegas I was always running everywhere. I was PTA Secretary, Room Mother, in the Young Women's presidency, then the Cub Scout Committee Chair (twice), and I planned Playgroup. At times it was a bit much, but I did enjoy getting out and being more than just "Mom."

Since we moved here things have been pretty quiet for me. I offerred to help Jarek and Emme's teachers several times when we first got here and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language. Other than running Emme to afternoon kindergarten and an occasional trip to the Early Childhood Library with Camden, I spend my days at home....designing blogs. Going to the grocery store and through the car wash has been the highlight of several of our weeks. Sad, huh?

But that's all about to change! Just before Christmas Jarek's teacher sent a note home saying she'd like me to come in and help one afternoon a week. Then the 2nd Vice President in the PTO Presidency at the elementary took a full time job and they asked me to take her place, which I accepted (which makes me the second 2nd Vice President). THEN, today I was given not one, but TWO callings. I'm going to be the Young Women's Girl's Camp Director AND teach the CTR 7 class in Primary (6-year-olds turning 7 this year -- Emme's class).

I am a little concerned. I know I can handle it all....but I'm not sure if I want to!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds crazy, and yet sometimes being busy is really sanity. Good luck and congrats with the callings and opportunities. It seems to be that being involved can open many missionary opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do amazing like you always do. I was camp director when I was a newly wed and pregnant and it just about killed me. Good Luck with that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can do it all, it's you Ragan : ). I will be thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When things like that happen to me I always wonder if Heavenly Father just needed a good laugh! Seriouly though, I 'm sure you'll do great at all the things you get to be invloved in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep coming and searching for your entry... You must be too busy. I need to you to give me some tips about the magic extractor tool in photoshop. My attempts were sickening. Don't you think we should live next door to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ragan as you always do you will rise to the occasion, or should I say opportunity and shine. The Lord provides a way for things to be accomplished, and even when you may have doubts he knows the way and it works out. You are incredibly talented and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friends all seem to have a lot of faith in you. If it were me, I would have said 'No,' and then 'No,' and then 'No' again. I probably would have said yes to helping in the classroom, though. Let me know if you need help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure you can do it. You're amazing! I bet your break was nice though : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry but I just have to laugh at the Girls camp calling! Did you tell them you don't camp? I am glad you got some experience with us. If you need any help with camp stuff, send me an email!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!