I have managed to lose a few pounds...then I gained some of it back, then lost it again, then....you get the point! I started reading "Eat to Live" by Joel Furhman, but I haven't gotten very far. I read his "Feeding Kids Right" book last year and it totally changed the way I look at food. I still can't bring myself to buy most processed foods (do you have any idea how much that cuts down on our options around here?) but I have relaxed on a lot of things since it's no longer fresh in my memory. So, I'm hoping that reading his other book will remind me what I should be eating and help keep me away from what I shouldn't.
The "spending more quality time with the kids" resolution is the one I'm really struggling with and I know it's the most important. I did take Camden to the library for Story Time today (and by "Story Time" they do mean STORY time. Every other "Story Time" we've been to incorporated songs and fingerplays and different activities, but this was just STORY time.) And I've decided to start teaching Jarek and Emme how to play the piano. I ordered the books they need and they got here on Monday. Monday night and last night were busy so tonight will be our first lesson. Wish me luck, I'll need it!
The only resolution I am actually doing pretty good with is photography. But maybe that was cheating as a resolution because it was something I really wanted to do, not necessarily needed to. And it's probably partially what's keeping me from spending that quality time with my kids, but I do SO love it! There's just SOOOO much to learn! I decide to jump in somewhere, then some other aspect catches my attention and I totally get sidetracked. My big steps for this week are switching to shooting only RAW images rather than JPEG and really trying to understand my histogram and proper exposure. I thought I was understanding exposure, but apparently correct exposure is not always correct.....who knew???

Anyway, I hear the bus now so I'm going to get off the computer and spend time with my kids. :p

I really need to read that book I think. Food is a huge problem for me.
ReplyDeleteCan you teach me how to shoot in RAW. I don't even know what that is. I think I need to fly out to see you for a week long seminar : ). I can play with the kids at night for you!
Taking pictures of your children in their life's highlights is spending time with them. A suggestion for the piano time is to try and make it fun. And don't be so hard on yourself. The weight loss battle sucks. Just pick one thing you can improve like eating more fresh fruit. Then start on something else. It's a lifestyle change not a temporary diet.
ReplyDeleteI got a book about healthy living on Saturday and I thought of you : ). You are an inspiration.
ReplyDelete