Tristen and Tim just left for Klondike. Is it just me, or is Klondike the most insane idea ever??? I don't get camping as it is (and I'm the new Girl's Camp Director!), but going camping, in the middle of winter, in sub-zero temperatures, when you have a perfectly warm house and soft bed at home, is
really beyond me. Tristen said he wanted to go and I can't say I really encouraged him, but I did make Tim go with him. Tim's not spending the night though (wimp) because they have a church basketball game tomorrow. Priorities! I did find Tristen a pair of thermal underwear today at the Family Dollar Store, they're way too big and women's (shh, don't tell him that) but hopefully they'll help keep him warm. Tim picked up an extra pair of gloves and the Batman beanie that he's wearing in this pic, along with some hand warmers and whatever else we could think of to keep him warm. And I dug through my parent's coat closet to find him yet another pair of gloves and a scarf. I made them both tinfoil dinners and sent them on their way. I sent my old camera with Tim so hopefully he'll get a couple of good pictures this time (last time he took pictures of the scenery along the way to the campground and came home with like TWO pictures of Tristen.)


So who is he camping with. You better send snow shoes. Merik went ice fishing and was supposed to take Brandon. Good thing Brandon's cousin didn't want to go so he stayed at his cousins. Merik and his brothers went and stayed in a condo and then went ice fishing and He did okay at the fish pond and then they went else where and he had snow up to his waist. On the lake he ended up in some slush and it got into his boots and his feet were freezing. His brothers had snow shoes and were fine. It was a whole lot easier for them. He tried to take his boots off when they got to the truck and couldn't get them off. They were frozen to his feet. He had a great time, but it would have been miserable for Brandon. When they got back to the condo he thawed out and warmed up. What took his brothers about 15 minutes to walk took him about 45-60 minutes and he was literally crawling. I am grateful he didn't get frostbite.
ReplyDeleteCamping in cold weather is just insane to me. I have had frozen feet because Karl just had to go ice fishing and he just had to have his whole family with him. That was the last time I allowed "have to have" with me and the children. I want warm not froze.
ReplyDeleteWow. I am SO glad Kaish hasn't ever wanted to do that... Hopefully he won't for a long time : ). I am not a huge camp out girl. I will if I have to, but it is not my favorite thing. Hotels are OK in my book!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind camping so much but in the cold? No thanks! Hope he has a good time and you enjoy your warm bed and the stories he brings home.
ReplyDeleteHow was it? How are you? No silly pictures? I have been feeling gloomy and doomy lately. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDeletei haven't been on my blog for a while. i've been into the facebook thing mostly. i will post a few new pics on here soon. hope everything's going good in utah for you. Emme looks beautiful!
ReplyDelete