Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tubing

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I've been a little "blogged down." I finally decided to take a bit of a break from designing...kind of. I'm only taking orders for my smallest design package for a while, so hopefully that will give me some time to do other things. Like blog and scrapbook :) Oh yeah, and I plan to paint the kitchen!

Tim and the kids had the day off yesterday so we decided to have some fun and went to Soldier Hollow to go tubing. Some of the 2002 Winter Olympic Venues were there and they've converted part of it to a tubing hill, complete with lifts and everything. It was snowing like crazy when we got there and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to take any pictures. But by the time we got all bundled up and walked to the tubing hill the snow had all cleared up and the sun was shining. I only got to go down the hill twice. We had purchased one pass for Tim and I to trade off because we didn't think Camden would go, but once he saw everybody else tubing down the hill he wanted to do it too. So we bought him a pass but still only had one pass between the two of us and I let Tim use it most of the time. Which was okay because that meant I got to take lots of pictures :) And I even got them scrapped last night.


This was my first time trying out a digital scrapbooking template. You purchase the template already done then just slide your background pages and photos into place and add a few embellishments. It was much faster, which is great when you're trying to conserve time, but I did kind of miss the creativity of doing it myself.

This photo didn't make it into the scrapbook but I thought it was so cute. This was how Camden came down the hill pretty much every time.


And a shot of the tubing hill:

I'm off to bake a cake. Tonight is the Cub Scout Blue and Gold and Jarek and Tim are supposed to decorate a cake to auction.....so why am I baking it??? I'm sure I'll end up doing most of the decorating as well. And Jarek stayed home sick this morning, which means he may not be doing any of the decorating and we might just be delivering the cake and not even staying. I'm hoping he's feeling better by the time I take Emme to school.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great time! It brings back some sweet memories of a triathlon Super J and I did on those very slopes when Miss A was a new born, a year after the winter Olymics there in Utah.

    Hope the cake turns out great and Jarek feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tubing trip sounds like so much fun! I just LOVE how Camden came down the hill. He is so cute. What a fun family : ).

    I wondered if you were going to enter a wonder picture this week. So many of your pictures are wonder filled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun. I love Camden's downhill position. Hope Jarek feels lots better.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!