Congratulations to my Pay It Forward participants -- Jaime, Brenda (I'm so glad you decided to play) and my long lost friend from New Hampshire who found me on Facebook, Iris. And Miss L., I'm going to count you in on it too ~ I think exchanging gifts is just as fun as sending them to other people. And that's all on that for now....
I updated my Blogger Boutique site today....well, I installed the updates today anyway, I've been working on it for a few days now:

(Click on button)
What do you think?
I'm so irritated with Playlist! They updated their music players and now they take FOREVER to load and they hold the whole page up while they're loading. I purposefully had left my old player on my site even though it was pink and didn't match my new design, but they redirected the link so now their new player is loading instead. But it's a free site, so what can I say?
We all seem to be adjusting to our move. I still can't say I like it here, but it's feeling more like home again. The biggest adjustment has been the shopping ~ or rather, the lack there of. I've tried out some Internet shopping and I have to say, I SO miss the instant gratification of walking into a store and walking out with what I just purchased. It took 2 WEEKS for my order from Children's Place to get here. 2 WEEKS! The kids could have outgrown the stuff I ordered in that time!
The culture shock is definitely wearing off and I worry about things seeming "normal" that really shouldn't. But I won't get into that tonight either.
Things are moving along on our house much more slowly than I'd like them to. I know I am an impatient person (see above), but I really had hoped to at least have started on the excavating by now. But hopefully our plans will be done soon, then we can get the bids we need to get our loan secured and apply for our building permit.... Tim did put the approach for our driveway in Friday afternoon and we have some bids for getting our well drilled. The guy we're probably going to go with is going to be drilling in the area in a couple of weeks and would like to do it then, but we don't have our loan so we'll have to come up with some other way to pay for it.....
In spite of that, I've been feeling amazingly blessed lately. We haven't really been too effected by the downturn in the economy (knock on wood!). I hear so many stories and I'm so grateful for what we have. I have a wonderful husband who is the love of my life and the cutest guy I know, and four beautiful, healthy, intelligent children. Our biggest problems with the kids involve attitudes and tattle telling, but nothing serious by any means. Our circumstances are not ideal, but really, it could be SO much worse.
I'm so irritated with Playlist! They updated their music players and now they take FOREVER to load and they hold the whole page up while they're loading. I purposefully had left my old player on my site even though it was pink and didn't match my new design, but they redirected the link so now their new player is loading instead. But it's a free site, so what can I say?
We all seem to be adjusting to our move. I still can't say I like it here, but it's feeling more like home again. The biggest adjustment has been the shopping ~ or rather, the lack there of. I've tried out some Internet shopping and I have to say, I SO miss the instant gratification of walking into a store and walking out with what I just purchased. It took 2 WEEKS for my order from Children's Place to get here. 2 WEEKS! The kids could have outgrown the stuff I ordered in that time!
The culture shock is definitely wearing off and I worry about things seeming "normal" that really shouldn't. But I won't get into that tonight either.
Things are moving along on our house much more slowly than I'd like them to. I know I am an impatient person (see above), but I really had hoped to at least have started on the excavating by now. But hopefully our plans will be done soon, then we can get the bids we need to get our loan secured and apply for our building permit.... Tim did put the approach for our driveway in Friday afternoon and we have some bids for getting our well drilled. The guy we're probably going to go with is going to be drilling in the area in a couple of weeks and would like to do it then, but we don't have our loan so we'll have to come up with some other way to pay for it.....
In spite of that, I've been feeling amazingly blessed lately. We haven't really been too effected by the downturn in the economy (knock on wood!). I hear so many stories and I'm so grateful for what we have. I have a wonderful husband who is the love of my life and the cutest guy I know, and four beautiful, healthy, intelligent children. Our biggest problems with the kids involve attitudes and tattle telling, but nothing serious by any means. Our circumstances are not ideal, but really, it could be SO much worse.

That's so nice! Thank you!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your background. So so cute! And good luck with everything else, it will all pay off soon. :o)
ReplyDeleteI think it is kind of funny that you changed the button to the Blogger Boutique site. I was just thinking about that the other day. I must be a little physic.
ReplyDeleteI love your new button! I LOVE your attitude. Most of all I love having a friend out there in the middle of nowhere : ). Every time I come over here I feel cooler! I hope you enter a picture for black and white week. Your pictures are SO great Ragan! I can't get enough of them. Praying that your house plans come along quickly! Love, R
ReplyDelete