Thursday, February 26, 2009

TEENAGER!!!

Even the word sounds scary, doesn't it?

Tristen is a teenager today. I feel so old! And I feel bad that I haven't written a birthday post for him yet today but it's been a crazy day.

I got up and made him waffles for breakfast, which is a big deal considering that the kids usually eat cereal every weekday morning and I only cook breakfast on Saturdays (bad Mom!). Then he wanted me to make a Gourmet Chicken Pizza (Papa Murphy's anybody?) for dinner....even though we offered to go out for dinner, which would have been much easier for Mom. And of course, I had to make him a cake. We couldn't find the kind he wanted and has asked for the past few years so he had to settle for a boring old yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

He's definitely growing up. I've heard his voice cracking and he's suddenly become concerned with his appearance the past few months (I have to pull him away from the mirror every morning to catch the bus on time...which is actually a nice change from having to nag him to comb his hair...although, his new hairstyle is questionable....).

Anyway, I still can't believe I have a teenager! I'm so proud of him though, he really is a great kid. He's so smart and an amazing artist. I love you Tristen!!!

As for my day being crazy -- why is it that everything always falls on the same day? We live in the middle of nowhere and there are so many days that I have NOTHING do to (other than blog design of course). Then everything happens at once. On top of Tristen's birthday I helped in Jarek's class today, which I do every Thursday, but I also had parent-teacher conferences with Jarek and Emme's teachers. Then I had to be to a Girl's Camp meeting tonight, which meant I missed out on singing Happy Birthday to Tristen before they cut the cake -- I had a really hard time with that one. And to really top it off, my computer crashed this morning. And I mean CRASHED!!! We can't even get it to come up in safe mode. I'm using my mom's computer right now and in the process of transferring everything from our hard drive to her computer so we can wipe our hard drive clean and start over. ERRRR! And because I didn't have a computer today I haven't been able to upload the pictures I took of Tristen for his birthday post :(

Okay, I'm done whining now! Time for bed.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tristen! You are a great boy, who will go far in life. Keep up the awesome grades, and it will pay off someday. There may be days you might not feel like it is worth it, but really it is. It is pretty lousey that the computer crashed. It is a vital tool for you. And just remember this too shall pass. Unfortunately some things we'd like to savor and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a teenager!! Good luck with that one. I can't wait to see pics of this questionable hairstyle! I am certainly not looking forward to the teen years! I am glad that I get a few more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs to whine once in a while. Sadly, I whine WAY more than I should. I barely ever hear you do it. Happy Birthday to Tristan. I hope he was a wonderful teenager experience : ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that why you didn't enter messy?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!