Sunday, March 8, 2009

How Cute am I?

My blog, that is -- not me!

I learned how to do a couple of really cool things (at least I think they're really cool) that I'm so excited about.

The first is a linkable header. I've wanted to figure this out for a while but kept hitting dead ends. I thought I needed a program that I'm pretty sure I had at one time but removed because I didn't know what it was and thought I'd never use it. But I FINALLY found a tutorial on how to do it in another program that I do have -- and now that I've figured it out, it's really quite simple. Isn't it funny how that works? So, you can now click on the little tabs at the top of my header which will take you to my posts on scrapbooking or photography, or to my blog design site. I could have put the links anywhere in the header, but figured people wouldn't know to click on them unless they looked like some kind of tab.

The second thing I figured out is how to do rounded corners...well, one way anyway. Rounded corners are a big thing in the web design world right now and I have played around with them before too, but never really got anywhere. The way I did it also allows me to combine the header with the rest of the blog in cute ways, like the little ties above. It was a pain figuring out how to get everything to line up perfectly though.

Now I just need to figure out what to charge for them and incorporate them into my site.

4 comments:

  1. Funny that you just did linkable tabs on your header. I have been investigating how to do them myself. Would you send me the tut link that you used?
    I love the new look, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soo cute! you are doing a great job. i would love to know how to do that. Will you send it to me also. I love your blog background. It's so simple but very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I would never even think about that. But I guess it's those small things that make it look so great! :o) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented. I am proud to know you. Really, really proud : ).

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!