I finally got out and took pictures of our land today. I've been meaning to do that for a while.
This is the view we'll have from the windows on the back of our house:

The closest Cedar trees will be cleared away. But, do you see that little thing in about the center of the left side of the photo? It's actually my uncle's HUGE metal shed. I'm hoping to angle the house enough so that shed isn't the focal point ;) About the angle I took the picture from would be good.
This is looking back at the hill from down below, which will be where the back of our house will sit. So, I was standing in our backyard.

Of course, I didn't take a picture of the view from the front yard. Maybe next time I'll remember to do that.
But, this is what a perk test hole looks like, just in case you were wondering:

Things are FINALLY starting to move along a bit. We ended up having a local lady draw up our plans and she should be done early next week (YEAH!). Tim's sent her drafts to one contractor to bid on and another one, who is a good friend of my parents' and lives down the road from us, is going to come talk to us. We've been planning on acting as owner-contractors and subcontracting everything out, but we'll see what they have to say.

It's GORGEOUS!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!
That would be a dream come true for us!!!
What an amazing blessing!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
I love the space. I love the views. Even the metal shed would be ok with me.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a beautiful area. I can't wait to see the plans for the house! I also love the new blog design!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I am so excited for you. Really, really excited! We pray for you and your family at least once a week at supper time : ). I know this has been a hard adjustment for you, but you are totally rocking all these changes.
ReplyDeletePS Please tell me you are going to enter a green picture? You have some lovely pictures with green in them! I remember them!
What a difference from Vegas! Beautiful view!
ReplyDelete