My computer is up and running, thanks to my sweet husband who spent HOURS Thursday and Friday evening on the phone with Dell's tech support. They had him try tons of different things and couldn't get anything to work. They finally gave up and said they would send us a new hard drive. So, as Tim was giving them the information for delivery he clicked on this recovery thing that they had tried before and hadn't gotten anywhere with.....and literally as he said good-bye to the tech support, the computer came up. We still don't know exactly what the issue was. We've run every diagnostic scan,
adaware,
malware remover, etc. that my brother suggested. I don't know if one of those found and fixed the problem or what. Tim called tech support back last night and canceled the new hard drive. We were still having issues with Internet Explorer, which isn't a HUGE problem considering that I have 4 other web browsers installed on this computer, but it is my browser of choice. So this morning I finally went in and totally reset it -- which meant that I lost all of my presets, but my favorites are still here. And it seems to be working great now! I'm just going to have to try to remember all of my passwords that it had stored. We've upped the security on the computer and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any more problems.
AND, I can post pictures again! :) Which may not excite you, but it excites me anyway. These two are from yesterday evening.


I really need to take just Tristen and Jarek out and get more pictures of them.
We must be friends!!! I just did a post and guess what was in my title? WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your computer is working!
Computers are strange creatures. Smetimes they just need a rest I think. I have had things happen and then just seem to fix themselves. I suggest you do not store passwords but write them down in a notebook or something. Love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got your computer working. What a stressful thing that is!! I hate when something like that happens. What a great reminder to back things up!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your computer is working again. I don't know what I'd do without Justin helping me with computer issues, oh waite I'd be on the phone for hours and feeling like it would never get fixed. Welcome back pictures ; ) your kids are as cute as ever
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I didn't even know about your computer, but I am SO glad that it is all better. That would be traumatic to the max. I love your new daisy background. So adorable it is ridiculous! : ). Are you doing a creative crop this week?
ReplyDelete