I've been thinking about starting a photography blog for a while and moving my photography posts over there so I can use this blog more for the family blog it's supposed to be. My biggest hold up was deciding on a name. I definitely did not want to use any names of the towns or county here, they're all so blah! And I wanted the .com of whatever name I chose, which wasn't easy with anything photography related. So I finally settled on "Captured by Ragan." I love the word captured but I'm not crazy about using my name in the title, but the .com was available! So come on over and visit, just click here and let me know what you think:

Since we started with me, I'm sick! I have this icky cold. It made it's way through everybody else starting a month or so ago. I was convinced that I wasn't going to get it. It was almost cleared out, then it hit me! I've had chills, fever, congestion, cough, and a horrible sore throat. The chills and fever seem to FINALLY be leaving and I'm hoping for a miraculous recovery by tomorrow morning when I go visiting teaching. But just in case, my companion is teaching so I won't have to talk too much.
Tim spends most of his time doing "house" stuff lately. I'm not exactly sure what he's doing, but he sure manages to do a lot of it. He's been gathering bids and we're a little stressed about what they're adding up to. It's now looking like most of the basement will remain unfinished (which I am REALLY against), other than my studio and at least one bedroom for the older boys. He likes his job here, but he's a pretty easy going guy with that kind of stuff.
Tristen started soccer last week. They're not playing the younger kids right now....or they were full..... or something, we're not quite sure. But we should be able to get both Jarek and Emme signed up in the fall. Tristen is also grounded right now until he brings his grades up. He has always been a straight A (or very close) student, so I'm not quite sure what's up. And of course, I missed parent-teacher conferences last week. I didn't realize that I actually needed to go this time. He has a month until school gets out, so we'll see what happens.
Jarek, on the other hand, is doing great in school. When we first moved out here his teacher kept telling me that he rushes through things too fast and doesn't do as well as he could. But last week when I went in to help in their class she told me that he is doing so much better. He's easy going like his daddy so he just kind of rolls with things.
Emme is as sassy as ever! Actually, she does seem to be a little more reasonable lately. She too is doing great in school. I read with some of the slower readers in Jarek's class, and she is way ahead of some of them. She brought home a progress report last week and the only thing she hadn't mastered was her phone number and address....however, she DOES have a phone number and address memorized, but it's from Vegas so they wouldn't count it, which I thought was quite unfair. I started teaching piano lessons to both her and Jarek a while back and it's fun to see them progress.
Camden is a typical three-year-old. Sweet as can be one minute and throwing a fit the next. He really is fun to have around though and it's great to watch his little mind develop. He LOVES to play outside, so when it's warm enough we try to get out as much as possible.
And these are the newest members of our family: NOT my idea!!!

When we lived in Orem I saw a pygmy goat once and I wanted one so bad. We had a dog run at the time and I thought we could just keep it in there, but they weren't allowed in the city limits (or at least that's what Tim told me....hmmm?). Since then I had gotten over it! So when Nana told me that I needed to pick out two of them for Camden's birthday I told her "NO WAY!" We finally settled on them being Nana and Grandpa's goats (although we still told Camden one was his), but guess who gets to take care of them while Nana and Grandpa are gone??? Actually the kids have been pretty good about taking care of them.
We'll be adding two more new members to our family this weekend, but you'll have to wait and see what they are :p
So that's what's up with us. Guess it wasn't so quick after all. If you've read this far, thanks!

It's good to hear about your family. I remember moving when I was in the ninth grade from an area I had lived in for a long time, and it was not an easy adjustment for me. I went to the last month of junior high in a different school, and then a new high school and did not know very many people. It took me awhile to feel comfortable. Maybe that is how Tristen is feeling.
ReplyDeleteGoats huh? That's a pet I wouldn't think of having: ) I hope the cold is out of your house and it won't go around again. Being sick is the worst. That is so not fair they won't count Emme knowing her old address (I mean come on you didn't move THAT long ago!)
ReplyDeleteWow. You have so much going on. I am excited for you! Very, very excited : ). I think of you often and I am always so excited about your future as a photographer! I am also inspired by your Mad Mommy Skillz... XO
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures and your new site. I had a full grown goat once..a male...I found him a new home real quick and I didn't have to take care of him either. I hope your small ones are better mannered than the full size. Although small dogs have bad manners. How old is Tristen? Could it be teenage stuff?
ReplyDeleteYou've been really busy, but it was fun reading about what's been going on with you. Love the new blog. It's great! Your a great photographer. Can't wait to see the newest memebers of you family!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update!! I am glad things are going well there--we still miss you here! I am also glad you started a photography blog, that is what my sister did also and it is really cool! Have fun with the goats, they are actually kind of cute!
ReplyDelete