Wednesday, May 6, 2009

INTRODUCING!!!

Oreo Kisses and Little Miss Mocha:


It's hard to tell in the photo but Mocha is actually quite a bit smaller than Oreo. Mocha is more mellow too, Oreo keeps climbing out of the pen we have them in in the kitchen, and she's quite vocal about wanting to get out. I'm still not really sure what I was thinking getting not just one, but TWO puppies, but they are cute! I need to call the vet today and get them in for their first set of shots.

We drove to Rifle, CO to pick them up, but the best part was finally getting to meet Coby, Kathy and Karl (who we got them from). Coby is Emme's 1/2 bio-brother (same birth-mother). Kathy and I have been in contact (mostly through e-mail) since around the time we finalized on Emme 4 years ago. Kathy and Karl are Coby's paternal grandparents and they have custody of him.




I don't think Emme and Coby quite understand their connection just yet, but they will eventually.

We also had dinner at Emme's biological aunt's house Friday evening. Her grandma and other aunt drove in to meet us, so Emme got to see all of the cousin's on her birth-father's side.

On the way home we got stuck in a herd of sheep. It was quite the adventure! All we could see were sheep, in front of us, behind us, on the side of us, just a huge sea of sheep. The photo's not great because I took it through the windshield and it was sprinkling a bit.


AND, have I mentioned that we're going on a cruise? No?
WE'RE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!
Tim and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary on the 15th of this month so we wanted to do something special this year. I got my mom to agree to take care of the kids months ago. Tim booked a 5-day Caribbean cruise on Carnival with port stops in Cozumel and Progreso. But with the Swine Flu scare and the CDC recommending no non-essential travel to Mexico, Carnival decided to re-route us to Montego Bay and Grand Caymen, which was where we would have preferred to go to begin with but those cruises are 7-days and more $$. We'll drive into Salt Lake Friday evening to catch our super early flight to Galveston Saturday morning, and we set sail Saturday afternoon. We've never been on a cruise so we're pretty excited. I probably won't be posting again before we get back on the 16th.

8 comments:

  1. The names are so cute. How did you get them to pose long enough to snap that picture. Coby is trying to understand but he doesn't. He understands it better when I just tell him that all the boys are his brothers and Emme his sister....but then again church helps with that.

    Does Emme have a lazy eye? We loved meeting you.

    I have been stuck in a moving sheep herd before.

    A cruise. I am jealous. Have fun and take lots of pictures. Since you will not be here. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute puppies!! That pic is darling! Im jealous of the cruise! We have wanted to go on one too! Have fun! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I knew I could not steal your pictures using explorer...so I tried mozilla. no can not steal them. Please send me some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to go on a cruise. You'll love it. What kind of dogs are they? You are brave to take 2 on at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I had no idea you were getting puppies. That is so exciting! I can totally see the resemblence with Emme and her cousins. Holy Cow : ). I am glad you had such a wonderful visit! And I am so excited about the cruise. And I am baffled about the sheep : ) but I love your picture just the same! How did they all come down the road you were on? That is just too crazy for words!
    oh, and PS Happy Mothers Day to one of my very, very favorite mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute puppies. good luck with that ; ) I want to go on a cruise! Hope you guys have so much fun! Happy 10'th anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your trip is going wonderfully well! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those puppies are so cute! You are going to LOVE your cruise. I believe it is the only way to vacation :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!