Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Cruise


Whew! We came home to SUCH a busy week. School gets out next week and I have a TON of things to do with the PTO... I was going to start listing them, but maybe I'll just post about them as I go, if I have time! We also had our parent meeting for Girl's Camp tonight, our last Stake Girl's Camp meeting is on Thursday night. I get to take pictures of two little babies this week....sometime! And I have a bunch of blog design orders on top of that.

It was hard enough just having to cook and clean and make my own bed when we got home ;)

We had a blast though and I'm so glad we went. I did worry about the kids while we were gone, especially Camden, but I knew they were in good hands. It was great just spending time with my Timmy, we really haven't had a whole week alone without kids since our honeymoon.

We drove to Salt Lake Friday night and ate at our very favorite restaurant, Tepanyaki's. We stayed in a hotel and got up early to catch our flight. Everything went very smooth on Saturday with our flights and shuttle and getting on the ship. I was a little concerned because we had to fill out a questionnaire to screen us for Swine Flu and I was still coughing (and am still coughing a bit). But they let me on ;)

The first night on the cruise I was feeling a little sea sick so after dinner we stopped by our room and were planning on going out again but I took a motion sickness pill that they had given us at the information desk. I laid down for a second, fully dressed, still had my contacts in, and I was OUT! Then I slept another 3 HOURS the next afternoon. Tim says he's never seen me sleep like that our entire marriage. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap the next afternoon too.

When I wasn't sleeping, we checked out the ship which reminded me of an old Vegas casino, enjoyed all of the food (a little too much perhaps!), watched the shows, and just spent time together.

One of the cool things the stewards do on the ship (apart from cleaning your room TWICE a day) is leave a little towel animal each night. The first night we had a walrus, but I didn't get a picture -- he was on the foot of our bed when I fell asleep and got knocked off at some point during the night. But these are the others:

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you guys had so much fun! Love the towel animals. Those were my favorite part of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cool. Your trip looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Those animals are so cute. I am glad you could sleep a little extra. Didn't it feel wierd to be kid free? I am so glad you had a wonderful time! You deserved a break!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!