Our first port stop was in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We went on the Mountain Valley Rafting Tour. We took a shuttle bus on a very twisty ride up the mountain. They drive on the wrong side of the road there and their roads are one-way size with two-way traffic. That alone could have been our excursion! We finally stopped and they took us to these little tiny bamboo rafts. I was a little nervous when I saw them, and a little more nervous when Tim got on and the raft sat lower in the water than most.......but we didn't get wet. Our "river pilot" was named Rabi. A little ways down the river he told us that he had a surprise for us and asked Tim to take off his shoes (I was wearing sandals). He pulled us over to the side of the river and gave us both foot massages with Lime rock. A little while after that we pulled over again and Rabi ran up the mountain side and came back with a fresh coconut. He cut it open for us and cut bamboo sticks for straws. It was pretty cool drinking straight out of the coconut (and I thought of you Jaime!), but I've decided that I prefer my coconut sweetened. Rabi ran up a couple more times and came back with flowers and Ethiopian apples. After the raft ride they took us to watch a guy climb a coconut tree then to a Rum tasting, which was interesting considering that we don't drink. But our dinner table friends were there with us (you eat at the same table every night) and Tony was more than happy to drink our samples for us. They did make virgin Pina Coladas from scratch that were SO good! When the tour was over we still had a couple of hours before the ship left so our bus driver took us back into town to get real Jamaican Jerk pork and chicken (yummy!) and to do a little shopping.
And that's as far as I've gotten on my pictures so far, so the rest of the cruise will have to wait until I get another chance to post.

That looks like so much fun! What a great break!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves. I love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Ragan! It looks like you had such a great time! I laughed my head off about the little boat sinking in the water when Tim got in.... I am glad you made it out. Did you like the foot massage?
ReplyDeleteI just realized this morning you should be back home and posting. Almost makes me want to take this cruise. I do not think I would do well on a trip like this. But it sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I'm so jealous. I SO want a vaca right now!
ReplyDelete