Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Personalized Drinking Cups???
So, I had this "great" idea. I do WAY too much laundry and WAY too many dishes and I'm always trying to think of ways to simplify things. I thought it would be helpful and fun for the kids to get them their own personalized drinking cups and teach them to rinse them out and put them in the drainboard every time they use them. I just want basic plastic drinking cups (not straw cups or cups with lids, etc), but something nice enough that it will hold up over time and something I can actually personalize with their names (not just their own color). The problem is I can't find them :( Any suggestions?
at
10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We've actually done this for dinner parties. We take our actual glass glasses and write name on them with Sharpie Markers. The Sharpie Markers come off in the dishwasher or with a little rubbing alcohol. Though I'm not sure how you feel about using GLASS glasses, it's an option. I hear you about all the many many cups that I rewash on a daily basis.
ReplyDeleteHave you googled it? Even with just 1 child there is always way too many glasses. Maybe paints?
ReplyDeleteI am not sure about plastic, but I would go to a craft store and see if they have something that would write on them. You would check craft websites to see what they have, or check out Family Fun Magazines website and see if they have ideas about this. They gear alot of their stuff towards kids and families. There are other family sites as well. I have seen craft magazines that have glass cups and markers of different colors and they can decorate it the way the want and then personalize it with their name. I was just thinking have you seen the glasses where they take a copper or piece of metal and wrap it around the stem of a glass. Well you could buy plain cups. Drill a little hole at the top on one side. Put a piece of wire through it, and add a tag with their name and some pretty beads or jewels. Or just the color of the jewel be there favorite color which represents them. Maybe you could twist the wire to spell their name, or just their first initial. Of course these may sound somewhat complicated. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI went through that as Samuel's bottles needed to be labeled with complete first and last name for day care. Using our labeling machine (I think Brother makes them), BT made some cute labels! I put them on in March and they are still attached as if I just put them on.. even after going through soaking and dishwasher! I think you can pick one up at any office supply store. If you'd like to know the make/model let me know! Every parent needs one! :-)
ReplyDeleteRagan, do you have a paint your own pottery place near you? You could take the kids and have them make their own cups! How fun would that be? : ) I can't wait to hear about your solution!
ReplyDeleteYou could have my parents engrave their names on them- we have some with our names engraved and they are great!
ReplyDeleteI have two ideas. You could have glasses engraved with a design of their choosing or their name/initials. OR you could do this yourself with a glass etching kit sold at craft stores- you just use an exacto knife to cut out the design, then attach the stencil to the glass, brush on the etching solution, and wash off later. A beautiful design will be left. Or, you could use your scrapbooking and photography skills to create a custom insert for the plastic drinking glasses that allow you to design a custom insert, like these:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Aladdin-ARP6030-999-Scrapbook-16-Ounce-Traveler/dp/B000IZC3HK/ref=pd_sim_k_1/191-8890321-7967239
You can also have photo mugs made with a photo of your choosing at many places, even Walgreens.com.