Tim and I have a date night every Saturday night. It hasn't always been that way ~ I had to teach him to make it a priority. But since Tristen started babysitting a year and a half or so ago we've been pretty consistent. We usually just go out to dinner then to the grocery store to pick up anything we need for Sunday (romantic, huh?). Tim would like to go see a movie every week as well but I'm not really a movie person and I don't like leaving the kids for that long. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is being performed at the Outlaw Trail Theater in Vernal. Tim LOVES that kind of stuff so that's what he wanted to do last Saturday and since the older kids are with my parents we just took Camden with us. It was cute but I think I would have enjoyed it more without Camden, after every scene he would ask me if it was over. Then at intermission he was rolling down the big hill behind the seating area and I was walking in front of him to keep him from running into the trees. When I got close to the bottom I found out that it was SOAKING wet, but I couldn't stop Camden in time and we both got covered in mud.
I really am having a good time with just Camden home though. We're working on potty training and I think he's finally getting it (knock on wood).

Hey Ragan! How are you guys loving Utah?! Clint and I totally love musicals (we met performing in one) and love 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Great stuff! Glad you guys had a good time.... (I can't wait til Jaron becomes an awesome babysitter!! haha). Your kids are beautiful!! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun date : ). I don't envy you the potty training. I had the worst time with Kaish. I can't remember many details because I think I blocked them out of my head : ). I always love coming here. I love the music. I love the pictures. I love your little family.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds fun! That is amazing that it was Tim's idea. Marc hates that kind of stuff with a passion. If he ever goes, he complains!
ReplyDeleteI find that if you try you can make anything romantic, even shopping for groceries. It is great that Tristen can babysit. He is learning some good stuff doing that.
ReplyDeleteI laughed when I heard about the mud puddle. I am sorry but if it had been me writing it you would have laughed at me. I can remember when my were little I would go play in the mud with them.
Well it's not the movies, but was sure loaded with mud. Oh what a joy hunh! So what do you like to do that is doable in your neck of the woods that is fun. I think that alot of times it can be hard to find something that both spouses enjoy for dating activities. Give and take, right. One week you plan the next they do.
ReplyDelete