Saturday, July 4, 2009

Neola Children's Rodeo

I grew up in small town UT and I've never been to a rodeo -- EVER! Until last night anyway.... kind of.

The Neola rodeo is this weekend. Thursday night we went over for a dutch oven dinner and cowboy poetry. The food was pretty good, it was catered by our neighbor's little company. The poetry was not really my thing but my parents really enjoyed it.

Last night was the Children's Rodeo. They let them in by age to chase different animals and if they catch one they get to keep it. Camden got to chase a bunny. We set him over the fence and he ran right out and caught one....



Unfortunately, they hadn't said "GO" yet and they made him put it back and start over :( He didn't catch one the second time around.

Emme got to chase after chickens and pigs. I don't know if she even got close to one.


Jarek chased pigs and chickens too, and he caught a chicken.




Just what we needed!

Afterward we were talking to Holly, my brother's high school sweetheart, and her son had caught a chicken as well, but they live in town and couldn't keep it so he gave it to Emme.

So, we now have two pygmy goats, two chickens, and two dogs and I'm really not an animal person. But Camden looked so sweet carrying that little bunny.... I might just have to get him one to keep.

6 comments:

  1. I was raised in a fairly large town in CA and was close to the other towns. I now love small town life. Had been around dogs and cats but nothing else. I can now take care of most animals, clean chickens (I hate that) and milk cows. Tons of fun. Good knowledge to have. Could I have a pic of the pups please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event! Of course, if you're not careful, pretty soon YOU can host a rodeo at your own house! lol. Seriously, what incredible memories you are creating for your sweet family. Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting a farm without even wanting one. By the way how is the house coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. You are going to love your new pets. You are the coolest Mommy around. Hope your Summer is filled with many wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is you're a brave, brave woman! Four kids and now those animals? You are an amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool, I can't believe they let you keep the animals also. I agree that you are a brave woman!! I am so not an animal person!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!