Tuesday, August 25, 2009

` Back to School! `


The kids started school yesterday. I got up with them and took pictures then my mom and Camden and I headed to Salt Lake and Park City to go shopping, which is why I'm just posting about it now. I feel so much less involved here than I was in Vegas. By the first day of school in Vegas I had been to the school two or three times helping the teachers or with PTA stuff. And I used to drive the kids to school, and wait with them until the bell rang. Here I just get them up and ready and onto the bus.....and that's it! There will be things for me to do -- I'm the PTO Historian this year and I've been told that Emme's teacher likes parent involvement, but nothing so far.

(I LOVE that dimple!)

Emme is in a 1st/2nd grade split this year. She was at the top of her class last year so I'm hoping that being in with some of the older kids will be good for her.



Jarek is in the only 4th grade class in their little school. I got to know his teacher a little bit last year and I think she'll be good. She definitely has her hands full with him and his cousin Conor.



Tristen is in 8th grade and this is his last year of junior high -- then off to high school (YIKES!!!). Have I mentioned that he's taller than me now? Which isn't saying much, but still! His teenage attitude has definitely set in. I'm struggling with letting him grow up.

Just another cute picture of my girlie:



And a few of them waiting for the bus with their cousins:








They fought over who got to be first in line yesterday and today and I watched them push Emme out of the way as they loaded the bus this morning, so tomorrow they're going to have a nice little lesson about being gentlemen and letting Emme go first FROM NOW ON! (Jarek and Conor will LOVE that!)

5 comments:

  1. School has not started here yet. After Sept 1 it will. Emme is such a doll and the boys are very handsome. I had a hard time letting my eldest grow up too...the others should get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable.....ladies first!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your back to school pictures. Please come do them for us...on September 8! : ) I thought all normal states opened the day after labor day. What is going on with all of the craziness : August school? ICK!

    How cute is Em's shirt. I want a girl. Just like her : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, you're kids are so adorable and your pictures are looking so great too! Thanks for the websites, I actually just signed up to take the free photoshop course so we can find out if it's worthwhile together! What lighting setup do you have in your studio right now??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by to see if you had been here and left a blog. I jsut had to leave you a new note I really like this new design.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!