
Thursday, August 20, 2009
S'mores
Tim and Tristen had S'mores at their youth activity last night and Tim brought home two bags of leftover marshmallows and a box of graham crackers. So I picked up a package of Hershey's candy bars today. I thought I'd roast the marshmallows over the grill, but I couldn't get it to light. So I just laid (I was thinking it was "layed" but apparently that isn't actually a word???) the graham crackers out on a pan, put the chocolate on top of them and a marshmallow on top of that and heated them in the oven. I started out with the oven on bake, but my mom suggested that I broil them so I switched. When they started to brown I pulled them out and put another graham cracker on top. I think I could have just put the chocolate on top after I heated the marshmallows though because it got really soft.... and messy! But they were good anyway and I think Camden liked them:


at
5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

They are supposed to be soft and messy. Camden looks like he loves them. He makes me want some.
ReplyDeletemmmm... Looks super yummy! We just might have to do some smores this weekend! :o) That picture of Camden is adorable! Ha ha ha...
ReplyDeleteI really like using chocolate covered graham cracker cookies. They are easier to deal with and just as delicious.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this picture. I am not sure if he really liked them though. I can't tell. I love your Mom giving you tips. Moms are the best : )
ReplyDelete