Thursday, August 13, 2009
Rec Center
Tim made it home (finally!) and we picked up my cousin's son Conor and headed to Vernal. We ate lunch at Wendy's (Jarek's choice) then spent a couple of hours at the Rec Center. I had intended to take the kids to the Rec Center several times this summer... we finally made it for the first time last week. It is really nice but they're pretty strict, the lifeguards walk around with their whistles in their mouths and blow them constantly. They have a huge rock wall that Jarek and Conor both attempted to climb before we went into the pool, but neither one of them made it very high. After the pool we came home and I made dinner. Jarek had requested lasagna, which I don't do, and deviled eggs (odd, huh?), so the lasagna was Stouffers but I did make the eggs. He also wanted this Pillsbury chocolate caramel crumb cake that Tristen used to request for his birthday all the time, but of course we couldn't find it anywhere (I think they may have discontinued it....) so I improvised on that too and put dollops of caramel in a regular chocolate cake and made my own crumb topping. It wasn't quite the same, but Jarek seemed to like it anyway.
at
10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love his special day : ) Right down to the recreated cake : ).
ReplyDeleteSo, you know what annoys me about those places where they whistle all the time? It gives me a headache. And it seems sort of dismal too. Our pool is like that. The number one rule, which they post Everywhere is DO NOT TALK to the lifeguards.
At our old pool we could talk to the lifeguards whenever we wanted : ) We got to know them and that was part of our summer fun! Now, we can't even look at the lifeguards unless we are drowning!
Happy Birthday J!
Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great day. That picture of just him with all the water splashing around him looks great!
ReplyDelete