Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bubbles

I've become sadly aware of the fact that since I started getting serious about photography I've become too picky and I rarely just take snapshots of my kids anymore. If they're not dressed cute or doing something "portrait worthy" I don't pull out my camera. I'm also not crazy about the surroundings here and wish I had nicer backgrounds. But it's stupid really because not only am I missing out on memories of their childhood and them just being kids, but those shots are also great practice for me. Tonight I was outside doing an assignment for an on-line photography class that I'm taking and the kids were blowing bubbles, so I decided to take a few shots of them (with Emme's messy hair and all) and I'm glad I did. I'm going to make it a goal to take more snapshots and "capture" my babies as they are.


3 comments:

  1. Pictures have always meant a great deal to me. They are memories recorded in a picture. I look back and remind myself of all the precious moments life has to offer. It was the one thing I wanted the most for preserving my missionary memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy hair.... ha! Go look at the pictures of my delivery, check out all of my kids hair. You can definately tell I left too early in the morning to get them ready!!! The look like orphans, I'm sure everyone wonders how I had another one, when I don't even take care of the ones I have!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures...looks like they are having a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!