I didn't want to see a lot of concrete on the sides of the house so the north basement wall steps down and will be framed instead of concrete. When they do the final grading the hill on that side will slope along where the cement is now.

This weird little wall sticking out on the right side is a retaining wall. We had to have it to hold the dirt back for our patio that sits above it. I'm hoping to cover it in the same stone that's going on the front of the house... I'm thinking it will make a nice backdrop.

This is the garage....and the first issue we've run into. The lady who drew our plans was worried that there might be more than three steps into the house from the garage, which would mean we would need a landing. So she extended the garage another foot or so....but she offset the garage door when she did that. I had told our generals that, if at all possible, I wanted that door centered... but it wasn't on the plans and got missed somewhere along the way. However, Matt (one of the generals) assured Tim last night that there are ways to fix it. I hope so, because I know it's one of those things that will forever bug me.

Oh the pains of having your home built, but at least it is finally happening.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you. It is going to be beautiful.
ReplyDelete