Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Camden's Trains.... and Update

Camden LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine.  He's been obsessed with him for quite some time now.  We pretty much ALWAYS have pieces of track lying around the house.  Last night Tristen helped him make a "really big track" and Camden thought it was great.  He actually asked me to take pictures, then couldn't wait for me to pull them up on the computer. 

Yesterday was also the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet.  They're celebrating 100 Years of Scouting this year.  Our ward here (like our last ward....hmmm, maybe every ward?) has a cake auction every year.  The boys are supposed to make and decorate a cake with their dads to auction off.  This year I really tried to stand back and let Tim and Jarek do it themselves.  It was Jarek's idea to make a flag.  They're re-finishing the gym floor so we squeezed into the Young Women's room. 

I went to Parent-Teacher Conferences for Tristen tonight.  He has another one of my old teachers this semester -- it's pretty weird to go to Parent Teacher Conferences with your teachers -- as the parent!  He's doing really well and all of his teachers love him (of course!).  Sorry, no pictures of that. 

On a different note ~ My Aunt Lorna passed away quite unexpectedly last Friday.  She's the second youngest of my dad's 9 siblings and the first one to pass away.  I remember her still living at home when I was little, so she wasn't very old.  They're doing an autopsy to find out what happened, but we haven't heard anything yet.  Her funeral is on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are getting so big and cute!! I love the thomas train track, Jacob loves trains as well. It is fun.

    So sorry to hear about your aunt, I bet it is hard not knowing what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your aunt! Camden is so cute- I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to see your house coming along. I know not as fast as you would like, but still. Your kids are so cute and I always love your pictures, such a great talent to have. I am sorry to hear about your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the train picture. I am so sad about your Aunt. I will pray for your Dad and your family because of their sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!