Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Framing

I was excited to be able to take pictures of our main floor today, since there hasn't been a main floor to take pictures of before now. The generals laid the floor last week and now have most of the back wall of the house up. They've also enclosed the framing in the basement.

This is looking at the front of the house straight on:


And from an angle:


This is our 10' picture window out of the living room:


I'm very excited about this little piece of floor sticking out here -- we had the generals add on a bay in the front room. I don't know why I didn't think about it before now, but I'm glad I did think of it and that it could be done. I was worried that the front room was going to be too small, it's just a little sitting room so it didn't need to be that big, but I think the extra two feet will really help.


From the back -- there's a cantilevered bay in the dining room as well, but that's always been in the plans:

4 comments:

  1. Its so fun to be able to see your house be built! I loved watching the framing go up on our house it made it so reall. Love the bay window. (they are my favorite and is on my "dream home" wish list.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously jealous that you are able to build a new home. Someday I will fulfill that dream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!