Friday, April 23, 2010

4 FOUR 4

My baby boy turned four on Monday!

I've become aware that the older I get, the faster time flies... which is a good thing when it takes a year and a half to build a new house, but not so good when your babies are growing up in front of your eyes and there's nothing you can do about it.

While I am sad that my baby is no longer a baby, it is so much fun to watch him grow up. He's my little shadow and goes pretty much EVERYWHERE I go, and I love having him there. He's still a Momma's Boy and I hope he stays that way. He likes to cuddle with me and play with my hair. He has his wild moments but he's pretty mellow for the most part, which is a nice change of pace after Jarek and Emme. He's smart like his older siblings and already recognizes both upper and lowercase letters and knows all of their sounds (we're working on blending them together to make words). He's in the Sunbeam class in church this year and LOVES it. He frequently reminds his older brothers and sister that they "need to be like Jesus." He's really just a great little kid and definitely has a special place in his momma's heart :)
We went to the park to do pictures, then Tim met us for lunch at Marion's (Camden's request). We had my cousin's family come up to roast hot dogs for dinner and had chocolate cupcakes with blue frosting (also Camden's request).

Tim trying unsuccessfully to light Camden's candles in the wind:


After we moved to the porch:


Presents:


Camden is not too sure about this Denver Broncos jersey Tristen spent a LOT of money on. He refused to wear it the next day, but Tristen did convince him to wear it the day after that.


His favorite gift:


Dylan enjoying her cupcake:


This one wasn't on his birthday, it was last night. He woke up quite a bit earlier than usual yesterday morning and by about 6 p.m. he had had it. He turns red like his daddy when he spends any time in the sun. (Don't mind his icky pant legs!)


I LOVE YOU CAMDEN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. He really is growing up right in front of my eyes too. I can't take it : (. He has the best smile! I love that you get to spend so much time with him! I am pretty sure you are going to go thru withdrawl when he is in kindergarten... : )

    Last night I listened to your songs for 2 hours while I edited. I am so glad we are friends!

    Happy Birthday sweet Camden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bitter sweet to see them grow so. dang. fast!, but what a sweetie!!! I lurves me that last picture, btw.

    Happy Birthday, Camden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Camden, several days late. I love the last picture it is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariana turned 4 in March and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. You are so right that with some things time flying is great and others, like my kids getting older, I need it to slow down.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!