There has been progress, just not as much as I'd like there to be. So, I hadn't even bothered taking pictures for a while, and I didn't choose the greatest time to take them today -- the sun was coming straight through the back windows and they turned out a bit hazy.
They painted last week.

And started installing the cupboards (which I love, LOVE!) this week. We went with a Knotty Alder in a dark chocolate stain.


My range hood will go in that open space, it's supposed to be here tomorrow and I can't wait to see it.
Space for my fridge and double ovens:

They installed some of the countertops today. I had REALLY stressed over which countertop to go with. I had samples from our cupboard guy that I was comparing to all of our other stuff and just couldn't decide on one, then I stopped by to talk to him about something else and realized that I had missed one of the samples -- of course, that was the one we went with! And I think it goes really well with the cupboards and will tie in my black appliances nicely. They'll have to cut a space out of the middle of this one for my range:

They've also finished all of the closets, and by "finished" I mean shelves and cubbies in each of them. Maybe I'll be a little more organized after we move in....and maybe not!


My front door is finally installed (still no doorknob though, hopefully I'm going to pick that up Saturday):

The guys who are doing our cupboards are also doing our stair railing, but we're waiting on the balusters to be delivered.

And they did manage to get the front porch and the patios poured, just not the driveway, steps, and sidewalk:


Lookin' good!! I LOVE your cupboards! Those are really pretty!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks SO great! YAY! I am happy for you that it is coming along so nicely. I know that I am going to hear SCREAMS of joy all the way in Pennsylvania when it is done!
ReplyDeletePS I was over here the other day listening to your music for like 6 hours :). Isn't that funny? I turned it on when kaish was leaving for school and when he came home it was still on. Thank you for being my music provider : )
and P.S.S.
ReplyDeleteShooting a wedding tonight. SO freaking nervous. I wish I could shoot with you : )
I don't think I am going to do a wedding again. They are a lot of stress. And of course you know me, I am doing it for free...
Paying a second shooter $200
Renting the second shooter a camera $50
Already made the couple 2 engagement books $200
Memory cards $200
Editing at one of those places that will just use lightroom for all of the pictures $300
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I know that there will be more expenses...all that to say, if you ever hear me thinking of doing this again I want you to SCREAM at me all the way from Utah to STOP! : )
Ragan, your home is already looking so lovely. I am getting more and more jealous that I don't have a new house. You've done a nice job picking out colors, and tying in colors. Even with the dark cupboards, your kitchen looks light and airy. Can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for sharing the pics for now! Take care!
ReplyDeleteLooking good. I LOVE the staircase and all the detail in the cabinets. It's going to be gorgeous and worth the wait. :)
ReplyDelete